Seller Resources - Articles
Selling Your Home - Common Q&A About Selling Your Home
SHOULD I ADD ON or SELL & PURCHASE A HOME THAT MEETS MY NEEDS?
- What does this house need to make it what I want?
- How much will this cost?
- Will this house work for what I want to do?
- Will I be able to recuperate the expense when I sell?
- Will my addition be permitted by local zoning/building ordinances and the Homeowner's Association?
- Do I have the right personality to deal with the inconvenience, noise and disruption of my life?
- Am I prepared for the extended period of time and unexpected costs of this project?
Do sellers have to disclose the terms of other
Sellers are not legally obligated to disclose the terms of other
offers to prospective buyers.
How do I prepare the house for
- Have the house in the best possible condition
- Take care of any major and minor repairs
- Curb appeal is critical!
Clean the windowsMake sure the paint is not chipped or flaking
The doorbell needs to work
Clean and freshen everything - walls, ceilings, doors, etc.
Make sure all appliances work Replace leaky faucets and
Eliminate the source of any bad smells - kitty box, dog's bed, carpeting, flooring, dirty sheets, last night's dinner Fresh flowers are always great.